I don't mean to snoop, but I inevitably hear bits and pieces of my students' conversations each day. Usually what I hear makes me laugh, but sometimes I feel enlightened. And what I mean by enlightened is not inspired or anything like that, rather more like this..."Oh my gosh, I can't believe your parents let you do that!"
So here are some lessons I've learned from the things my students' parents allow them to do:
1. I will not allow my 13 year old to have a tanning salon pass.
2. I don't care how much my child wants to date at 13--it's not gonna happen.
3. Video game playing will be limited and definitely will not go anywhere near 6+ hours.
4. My child will not be the stinky kid in class. He/she will bathe regularly.
5. No lip piercings...sorry.
I know, I run a tight ship.