Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trip to the Bay

We recently took a MUCH needed break and headed off to the Bay area to visit my uncle, cousins, and all this beautiful place has to offer.



Waiting to board the Alcatraz Express




And we approach...

Love the irises in front of me. Alcatraz had the most beautiful gardens.


Really, really, cool! When I was a kid, I watched Escape from Alcatraz, the movie with Clint Eastwood, every time it was on TV. Well here it is! The actual cell used to escape from, just like the movie. My hubby and I still haven't agreed on the fate of the three escaped convicts. He thinks they died. I absolutely believe they lived, mostly because I like to believe in legends, myths, and such, no matter how implausible.


You know me, I just had to get a picture of the prison's library!






Saying goodbye to The Rock


My hubby snapped this one while we were in my uncles AMAZING backyard.


Love, love, love his flowers

Panoramic view of my uncle's backyard



Near Fisherman's Warf


LaLa and Papa Joe


On the last day of our stay, my uncle took us on the most beautiful drive through wine country. I was in heaven with these gorgeous views surrounding us.





It was such an wonderful break from real life. With me on spring break and husband on break from grad school, we relished our freedom and returned to Utah somewhat refreshed and ready to battle all that life throws at us. Thank you Papa Joe for your kindness and generosity! It truly was a trip to remember.













No comments: