Thursday, May 5, 2011

For My Mom


I took a personal day tomorrow because a very special lady is coming into town.

My mom.

She's here for my graduation, but it also happens to be Mother's Day weekend, so I'm doubly excited for her to stay with us.

We all love our moms. Their wombs were our first homes. They love us no matter what. And I know for me, my mom always knows how to make me feel better, especially when I'm discouraged.

So this post is dedicated to my mom and I'm going to love on her for a minute, bloggin' style.

I need my mom more now than I think I ever have before. Now that I'm helping to raise two sweet kiddos, my mother's influence is stronger than it ever was before. She is the voice in my head and I find myself asking, "What would mom do?" quite often.

I'm grateful she stayed home with us kids while we were little. It meant everything to me to have my mom there when I came home from school. My parents made sacrifices for my mom to stay home, but when I look back on my childhood, I don't remember the fancy vacations we didn't go on or the new cars we didn't have. I just remember my mom was there and how happy that made me.

I'm pretty sure my love of education comes from my mom. She was constantly encouraging me to go to college, not to put it off, no matter what. Thankfully I listened.

There is no one I'd rather spend an afternoon with, eating lunch with, gossiping with, and shopping with. Girlfriend time is priceless and my mom is my favorite girlfriend.

I completely agree with Abraham Lincoln when he said, "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother."

Love you mom.



1 comment:

stephanie said...

beautiful!!!! Graduation???