Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mushrooms You'll Love


I was inspired the other night by a program I saw on the Cooking Channel. The guy cooking was Italian, which in my book means he knows his food, and I will listen to him, and do whatever he says. Well, he taught me a little trick that I'm going to share with you.

He first cooks his mushrooms in a hot pan totally dry, no olive oil or anything. Then he puts in the goodies. He pointed out that by doing this you get a lot of the moisture out of the mushrooms. But whatever, the mushrooms were amazing, so I will continue the dry method from now on until forever more.

My goodies were the following:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
fresh thyme
pinch of salt
freshly ground pepper
and then,
the best ingredient of all,
a splash of balsamic vinegar right at the end

Oh my, it was good.

We put the mushroom goodness on top of our meatball sandwiches, but now my mind is thinking of all the other wonderful things I could do with these mushrooms which includes, but definitely is not limited to...

grilled steak
grilled chicken
lemony garlic pasta
bruschetta
paninis
the list goes on...

No comments: