Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Royal

Have you ever had a week where you laughed and cried, learned, developed friendships, learned some more, got all crafty and silly, poured your heart out, ate an incessant amount of candy, hardly slept, then walked away knowing you were different {in a good way}? Well my friends, that was my last week.

Photobucket

I went to Girls Camp. This is when you all should be gasping and then applauding me for taking on such a daring endeavor. The truth is, I live for this stuff. I just can't get enough of the brilliance that pours out of the minds of teenagers, which is probably why I teach them for a living. It also doesn't seem that long ago that I was a teenager. I know I'm almost 30, but I really do feel that way. That was when my core took shape. Of course I'm different now after all the life experience I've had from the age of 18 to now, but if you could unwrap all the outer stuff, I really do believe my core wouldn't be much different than it was when I was 15. My memories of that time are quite vivid and I can recall a handful of experiences that molded me. I'm grateful for that time in my life, and the people who were a part of it.

Our theme was inspiring.

"Be True to the Royal Inside of You"

Which meant we wore crowns, tiaras, jewels, and continued to learn about our royal heritage.

And the girls learned about never, ever, ever settling for anyone less than a prince. Luckily, I learned this lesson a while ago, waited, then found and married my prince.

So you see, I know camp is for the girls, but it was for me too, Princess Amanda.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: