Wednesday, August 10, 2011

San Clemente {Part 2}

The best part of visiting California in the summer is seeing the people I love that I don't get to see very often. We camped with the whole fam, minus my brother and his wife {sad face--they live far away in Florida} which includes Mom, Dad, two sisters, their husbands, and my lively 2 year old niece.

Living 700 miles away from what I called home for most my life can be hard. I planned my wedding without my mom and sisters nearby which was more difficult and stressful than I ever imagined it would be. There are no more just because lunches and window shopping with my mom, or gossiping/laughing sessions with my sisters. And then there are the times that I just want to curl up on my parents couch on a Sunday afternoon and lazy the day away like old times. So seeing these people who claim me is always so special and wonderful and it makes me very, very happy.

Another thing that makes this beach trip so special to me is the tradition of it all. Going to the beach when I was young excited me as much as Christmas. We would go on a Saturday, which meant my dad could go too, and play in the surf all day. Then we would roast hot dogs and s'mores for dinner, and talk and laugh around the fire. Most the time we would fall asleep in the car on the way home, and then be carried to bed by our dad. Seriously, one of the best memories I have. I love passing this onto my husband and kids.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Jeff needs some tattoos