Monday, October 24, 2011

30

I turned 30 today.

I once thought this would be a monumental and slightly depressing day. It was nothing of the sort. In fact, it only dawned on me a few days ago that I would be turning 30. "Refreshingly normal" is how I would describe the day I left my twenties behind.

I usually hate goodbyes, they always make me cry. But saying goodbye to my twenties was really quite nice. They served me well, but I don't miss them. I made plenty of mistakes, of which I learned from {that's the important part, right?}. I began a career I'm still in love with. Doubled the amount of people who call me family. And I married Mr. Rogers who is as delicious as they come {but you already knew that}.

This isn't a post about how perfect my life is, because it's far from it. My husband has an x wife for heavens sake {enough said}. But it is about how happy I am these days. I'm just really, really, happy. I can't wait to see what my thirties has in store for me. I can't wait to just keep on living and learning and growing. Life just seems ridiculously exciting to me right now. Not quite Christmas morning exciting, but pretty darn close.

I'm happy with who I am. I love the people in my life. And I love my life.

No comments: