Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Master Bedroom Inspiration

Having a new house also means endless tasks such as unpacking {we're still doing it}, creating systems, organizing, and decorating.  It's all pretty overwhelming and so I decided to just focus on one room at a time, then divide everything up into little tasks.  For example, I organized all my shoes the other day.  This took all but 20 minutes, but felt like a HUGE accomplishment for me.  I'm still patting myself on the back for that one. 

Then there is decorating.  My mind could go crazy with this one.  Right now, imagining how I would love everything to look could take me to my daydreaming happy place for hours.  So, in an effort to not be in my happy place for hours at a time, I've decided to just focus on the master bedroom for now.  Here's what I'm thinking.

Photobucket
via Anthropologie

Photobucket
via West Elm

Photobucket
via West Elm
Photobucket
via Centsational Girl

Photobucket
via Abbey Goes Design Scouting

So there's a look at some of the ideas that have been swirling in my mind lately.  Any thoughts on how to calm the crazy?

5 comments:

Mike and Kristin said...

I'm obsessed with those colors right now!! I definitely think you should do it! :) Love all the ideas! That white bedding is to die for!

Megan and Brian Rogers said...

I'm in a mode with redoing my bedroom, too. It's all I think about!

Megan and Brian Rogers said...

I'm in a mode with redoing my bedroom, too. It's all I think about!

kat said...

I love your style! That color palate is so relaxing and stylish.

My name is Kristen Crosby and I'm with Design Shuffle. I was wondering if you could email me at kristen.c@designshuffle.com I'd love to discuss a guest post opportunity with you!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best,
Kristen Crosby

stephanie said...

love your ideas so far. When we moved into our house I was overwhelmed. I love decorating so a bare house should be fun. I just wanted to do it right and of course PERFECTLY! Some things I did immediately, my bedroom. It was so nice to have that room done, to leave the chaos of unpacking into my oasis. I did gray and white with a touch of purple. its romantic. and then things starting coming to me as we've lived here and it has been fun. Can't wait to see your finished ideas!