Tuesday, January 31, 2012

we got ourselves a wild hair

Photobucket
The weekend of our anniversary, husband and I drove out to Wendover because husband has had himself some fantastic luck lately.  Wendover is not my idea of a romantic getaway, not even close.  If you've never been there, it's sort of like a pathetic attempt at recreating Las Vegas.  But we had to go because in the last month, my husband has twice won a contest on the radio, twice!  Fantastic luck!  Part of the latest win included a trip to Wendover complete with an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet and concert tickets to see Queensryche.  So off we went, and you know what, it wasn't half bad.  In fact, once I got past the rude hotel employees and tobacco enhanced breathing air, we had a great time. 

After 24 hours of Wendover bliss, we drove home.  But then we got ourselves a wild hair and decided we couldn't leave without driving onto the Salt Flats.  I've decided that ancient river beds are pretty cool, especially for driving really fast in a fancy sports car, or in our case, a 1994 Subaru Outback.  I know, you're totally jealous of our car.  We even got it on video, but since my husband only got our awesome car up to 45, I think I'll spare you.  But trust me, it was fun and I think you should do it on your way home from Wendover too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Nothing better than seeing your man in a black Gibson t-shirt.  Nothing.
Photobucket

No comments: